- The accessibility team includes individuals with disabilities
- Offshore and onshore dedicated accessibility teams
- Helping organizations ensure that their products and processes are accessible
- Focuses on inclusivity and works with clients to build accessibility features
- There is no information about the pricing
What is BarrierBreak?
Did you know that approximately 15% of the world’s population lives with some form of disability? With the increasing reliance on technology in our daily lives, it’s essential to ensure that all individuals, including those with disabilities, have equal access to the digital world. That’s where BarrierBreak comes in.
BarrierBreak is a company based in India founded in 2004 to empower people with disabilities to live independently. They believe technology can be a powerful tool for achieving this goal and strive to make it accessible to all individuals. To do this, they offer testing and consulting services to help companies create products and processes that are accessible to all users.
One of the critical principles of BarrierBreak is hiring people with disabilities. It not only helps to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace but also ensures that the company has a deep understanding of the needs and challenges faced by people with disabilities when using technology.
In addition to its focus on accessibility, BarrierBreak also values inclusivity, innovation, integrity, and the nurturing of employees and stakeholders. They strive to create a limitless future for people with disabilities and are committed to helping create an inclusive society where everyone has equal opportunity.
If you’re looking for an automated accessibility solution for your website, check Equally AI review
BarrierBreak Service(s) and Features
1). Accessibility Audit
BarrierBreak’s accessibility audit service is a comprehensive assessment of a company’s digital assets, including websites, mobile apps, and documents, to identify any accessibility barriers and provide recommendations for improvement. This service includes an in-depth analysis of the organization’s current level of accessibility, a report on findings and solutions, and a plan for implementing those recommendations. It comprises the following:
- BarrierBreak’s People First approach involves hiring people with disabilities to be a part of their testing process. Their accessibility testing team consists of professionals certified in various areas of accessibility, and they have an assistive technology lab with a range of technology for different disabilities. By partnering with BarrierBreak, companies can benefit from their team of accessibility experts and assistive technology testers and have the flexibility to increase or decrease the size of their team based on their needs.
- BarrierBreak offers web accessibility testing solutions to ensure that websites meet WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and Section 508 compliance standards. It includes testing the four WCAG principles (perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust) at three levels (A, AA, and AAA) and evaluating websites for user experience and accessibility for people with disabilities. They offer project-based testing and ongoing testing options, as well as consultancy services to assist with making websites accessible.
- BarrierBreak’s mobile accessibility testing solutions cover native mobile apps and mobile websites. They test for compliance with various accessibility standards and guidelines, including WCAG and native platform guidelines, and provide recommendations for improving accessibility. They also offer consultancy services to help companies integrate accessibility into their mobile development processes.
- BarrierBreak offers Section 508 testing solutions to help companies ensure that their websites, products, and services meet the Section 508 accessibility compliance standards. These standards, established by the U.S. government, require that electronic and information technology be accessible to people with disabilities. BarrierBreak’s team of accessibility testers evaluates websites and other digital assets for compliance with these standards and provides recommendations for improvement.
- BarrierBreak also offers ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) testing services to help companies ensure that their websites and other digital assets are accessible to people with disabilities. The ADA is a civil rights law in the United States that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in many areas, including access to public accommodations and commercial facilities. BarrierBreak’s team of accessibility testers evaluates websites and other digital assets for compliance with the ADA and provides recommendations for improvement.
- BarrierBreak’s accessibility procurement service helps companies ensure that the digital products and services they purchase or license are accessible to all users. This includes evaluating vendors’ accessibility practices and policies, reviewing product documentation and demos, and testing products for accessibility. By partnering with BarrierBreak, companies can make informed decisions about which products and services to purchase and ensure they are accessible to all users.
- BarrierBreak also offers EN 301 549 testing services to help companies ensure that their digital assets meet the accessibility standards set by the European Union. The EN 301 549 standard is a harmonized standard that establishes the accessibility requirements for public procurement of ICT products and services in the EU. BarrierBreak’s team of accessibility testers evaluates websites and other digital assets for compliance with this standard and provides recommendations for improvement.
2). BarrierBreak’s Manage Accessibility
This feature includes services that help companies ensure that their products and processes are accessible to all users. This feature comprises offshore and onshore dedicated accessibility teams, which are groups of experts and assistive technology users who work with companies to identify and address accessibility barriers.
The offshore dedicated accessibility team provides services to help companies meet their accessibility needs. They include conducting accessibility audits, conducting design reviews, and creating or updating VPATs (Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates) and ACRs (Accessibility Conformance Reports). By partnering with BarrierBreak’s offshore team, companies can access a team of skilled professionals and resources to improve the accessibility of their products and processes.
The onshore dedicated accessibility team consists of contractors who are experienced in accessibility and can work with companies to ensure that their products and processes are accessible to all users. This team can work with a company’s in-house teams or with BarrierBreak’s offshore dedicated accessibility team.
3). BarrierBreak’s Compliance
This feature includes services that help companies ensure that their products and processes meet accessibility standards and regulations. It consists of accessibility consulting services, VPAT creation, VPAT audit services, and ADA and Section 508 compliance services. The accessibility consulting services offered by BarrierBreak help companies think about accessibility from the start and build it into their products and processes. BarrierBreak’s VPAT creation and VPAT audit services help companies create accurate and detailed Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) and ensure that their VPATs are accurate and up to date. Finally, BarrierBreak’s ADA and Section 508 compliance services help companies ensure that their products and processes meet the accessibility standards required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the U.S. government. By partnering with BarrierBreak, companies can access a team of skilled professionals and resources to improve the accessibility of their products and processes and meet compliance requirements.
BarrierBreak Pricing Plans
It is worth noting that there is no mention of pricing on BarrierBreak’s website. While the company offers a range of services to help companies ensure that their products and processes are accessible to all users, it is unclear how much these services cost. This lack of transparency about pricing may be a deterrent for some potential clients looking for more information about the cost of accessibility services. It would be helpful for BarrierBreak to provide more information about pricing on its website to give clients a better understanding of the costs involved in partnering with the company.
Is your website built on WordPress? See how to make it accessible
BarrierBreak Platform and Support
BarrierBreak offers several options for support, including a contact form on their website and the following contact information:
Office No. 102, Highway Commercial Complex, IB Patel Road, Opposite Laghu Udyog Industrial Estate, Goregaon (E), Mumbai – 400 063.
Tel: +91 (22) 2686 0485, +91 (22) 2686 0486, +15862329773
Fax: 022 26859730
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries, email@example.com for assistive technology or accessibility solutions, and firstname.lastname@example.org for job inquiries.
Additionally, BarrierBreak has a blog filled with in-depth information about web accessibility. This resource can be helpful l for clients looking to learn more about the company’s approach to accessibility and its services.
BarrierBreak’s Pros and Cons
- BarrierBreak’s team consists of experts in accessibility and assistive technology, including individuals with disabilities.
- The company offers services to help organizations ensure that their products and processes are accessible to all users.
- BarrierBreak focuses on inclusivity and works with clients to build accessibility features and support into their products.
- There is no information about pricing on BarrierBreak’s website, which may be a deterrent for some potential clients.
The Final Verdict on BarrierBreak
BarrierBreak is a digital accessibility testing and consulting company based in India. The company is dedicated to helping people with disabilities live independently through technology. BarrierBreak’s services include accessibility testing, offshore and onshore dedicated accessibility teams, and accessibility consulting.
The company also offers VPAT creation and audit services and helps clients ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 508. BarrierBreak is committed to creating an inclusive society and values inclusivity, innovation, integrity, ownership, and nurturing employees and stakeholders.
The company’s team of experts includes people with disabilities and is certified in various accessibility standards. While there is no mention of pricing on the company’s website, BarrierBreak offers several options for support, including a contact form and various email and phone options. Overall, BarrierBreak promotes accessibility and inclusion through technology and services.