- Offers a comprehensive and scalable platform, ARC, that provides tools and services for monitoring, testing, learning, and supporting accessibility
- Offers a wide range of professional services
- TPGi experts are globally recognized for their contributions to accessibility standards and guidelines
- ARC platform may not be compatible or integrated with some existing tools or systems that customers use
What is TPGi?
TPGi is an accessibility solutions provider that supports all phases of accessibility through best-in-class management software and professional services. They help clients achieve end-to-end accessibility in their digital assets (websites, applications, documents, etc.), as well as assist in embedding accessibility into processes and procedures. They also offer a free color contrast checker tool that allows you to quickly determine the contrast ratio of two colors.
TPGi Service(s) and Features
TPGi offers a range of services and features to help clients achieve and maintain digital accessibility for their websites, applications, documents, and other digital assets. Some of their services and features are:
Accessibility Audit and Conformance: TPGi provides a detailed review of the client’s digital products and their compliance level with ADA and WCAG standards. They also provide remediation guidance and support to help the client achieve conformance.
Digital Accessibility Solutions: TPGi helps the client build and improve their accessibility program through UX reviews, usability testing, user research, design reviews, and strategic planning. They also offer accessibility training for the client’s team.
Accessibility Testing Tools: TPGi offers professional automated and manual accessibility testing tools to support the client’s goals. These include the ARC Platform, a central point of access for tools and services that support every element of the accessibility strategy; JAWS Inspect, a tool that simplifies JAWS screen reader testing; JAWS for Kiosk, a solution that creates inclusive ADA-compliant kiosk experiences; and JAWS Scripting, a service that customizes JAWS for specific applications.
VPAT Production: TPGi helps the client produce a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) or an Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR), which are tools that show the accessibility of the client’s digital assets. They also provide VPAT reviews and updates.
TPGi Color Contrast Analyzer
TPGi offers a free color contrast checker tool that allows the client to easily determine the contrast ratio of two colors using an eyedrop tool. The tool also provides compliance indicators for WCAG 2.1 and a color blindness simulator. You can use it to optimize your content–including text and visual elements–for individuals with vision disabilities like color blindness and low-vision impairments. You can download the tool for Windows or Mac from their website.
Here are some steps on how to use their color contrast analyzer:
- After you download the CCA, open it.
- The CCA will appear and it will sit on top of your web browser and any other application you may have opened.
- Navigate to the page where you need to use the CCA. Note: You do not need to edit the page, it’s probably better to just view the page.
- On the CCA tool, click the dropper tool in the ‘Foreground color’ section and select your text.
- Next, click the dropper tool in the ‘Background color’ section and get as close to the text as possible. Note: You will want to select multiple areas of the image to make sure the color contrast ratio passes for those areas. Focus on areas that may be obviously failing color contrast ratio, for example, light background color on white text color.
- Reading your results: You will see your color contrast ratio near the bottom in the ‘WCAG 2.1 results section. Below the ‘WCAG 2.1 results’ header, are three dropdowns telling you if you have passed the required color contrast guideline. Note: You can expand each dropdown to read the corresponding guideline. When it comes to color contrast we try to pass level AAA, but if it is too difficult for you to get level AAA with your image and text combination then passing level AA is required.
- If your color contrast ratio fails, you can increase your text color darkness until it passes by selecting the slider icon in the ‘Foreground’ box and selecting the ‘HSL’ tab > ‘Lightness’. Note: You can also tweak the background color, but that will require that you also reoptimize your image so that it is darker.
- Optional: On the toolbar at the top you can also check out the ‘Color Blindness Simulation’ under ‘View’ > ‘Color Blindness Simulation’. This will bring up a new window that shows how users with various color blindness will see your color combination.
TPGi Pricing Plans
TPGi’s pricing plans vary depending on the features and capabilities you need. According to their website, they offer three tiers of pricing for their ARC (Accessibility Resource Center) Platform.
Free Tier: This is for one user only. It includes:
- Monthly domain monitoring
- User flow monitoring
- Monitoring dashboards
- ARC workspaces
- Test initiatives
- JAWS Connect
- Introduction to WCAG 2.1 module
- Contextual KnowledgeBase
- ARC FAQs module
- ARC user guide module,
- WCAG reference module
- Account document library
- Project document library
- User guides.
Essentials/Custom Tier: This is for multiple users and it includes:
- Everything in the Free Tier
- Unlimited KnowledgeBase modules
- Unlimited Tutor modules, Multi-user support
- Users administration
- Usage reports
- Tier 1 platform support (can be purchased and added to the account).
Enterprise Tier: This is for multiple users and it includes:
- Everything in the Essentials/Custom Tier
- Configurable ruleset(s)
- Zapier integrations
- ARC Node-SDK
- SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) file access
- Account linking across domains
- Multi-org billing administration
- Aggregate rollup reporting, Tier 2 platform support (can be purchased and added to account), TPGi HelpDesk (on-demand accessibility support) (can be purchased and added to account).
You can also request a demo or schedule a call with a TPGi accessibility expert to find the right solution for your organization.
Get 3 extra months free to test Equally AI 🏆
TPGi Platform and Support
TPGi platform and support offer:
- Accessibility Audit and Conformance Review: a detailed review of your website’s compliance level and what to do next.
- Digital Accessibility Solutions: a range of services to help you build and improve your accessibility program, such as UX reviews, usability testing, VPAT creation, etc.
- Accessibility Testing Tools: professional automated and manual accessibility testing tools to support your goals, such as ARC Platform, JAWS Inspect, JAWS for Kiosk, etc.
- Accessibility Training: flexible training options for your team to learn about accessibility best practices and standards.
- ARC Platform Support: two different tiers of platform assistance to suit your needs and a robust library of self-help resources to help you on your ARC journey.
The tiers of the TPGi platform support are:
- Tier 1 Platform Support: This is for new clients on the ARC platform who have general questions about the platform, how-to questions specifically about their account, or who would like to make a change but are not comfortable enough to do it themselves. This tier covers tasks such as account setup, basic administration, user management, password reset, etc.
- Tier 2 Advanced Platform Support: This is for clients who need more advanced analysis and configuration beyond the capabilities available to the Platform Administration role or the Tier 1 support team. This tier covers tasks such as configuration optimization, historical data preservation, domain scan analysis, user flow configuration, API troubleshooting, etc.
Both tiers of platform support can be purchased and added to your account. You can also access a comprehensive user guide and a library of self-help resources through the ARC platform.
To get in touch with TPGi, customers may reach out either by phone at +1 (877) 775-9474 or by email at email@example.com.
|How-to Instructions||Money-Back Guarantee||Phone|
TPGi Pros and Cons
- TPGi offers a comprehensive and scalable platform, ARC, that provides tools and services for monitoring, testing, learning, and supporting accessibility across domains, pages, user flows, and components.
- TPGi also offers professional services such as accessibility testing and remediation guidance, WCAG/Section 508 compliance audits, VPAT production, training, user testing and research, design reviews, and strategic planning.
- TPGi experts are globally recognized for their contributions to accessibility standards and guidelines. They have extensive experience and knowledge in the field of digital accessibility.
- TPGi’s ARC platform may not be compatible or integrated with some existing tools or systems that customers use. Customers may have to adjust their workflows or processes to adopt ARC as their central point of access for accessibility solutions.
The Final Verdict on TPGi
In conclusion, TPGi is an accessibility solutions provider that offers a range of services, features, and tools to help clients achieve and maintain digital accessibility for their websites, applications, and other digital assets. They provide accessibility audits, testing tools, training, VPAT production, and other professional services to support clients in achieving compliance with accessibility standards. TPGi’s ARC Platform serves as a central hub for managing accessibility and offers monitoring, testing, learning, and support features.
TPGi’s expertise in digital accessibility and its commitment to standards like WCAG and ADA make them a reliable choice for organizations seeking to make its digital assets inclusive. Their color contrast checker tool and color blindness simulator provide valuable resources for optimizing content for individuals with vision disabilities.
Overall, TPGi offers a comprehensive suite of accessibility solutions and professional services, making them a strong contender for organizations looking to prioritize and improve digital accessibility.
When was TPGi Founded?
TPGi was founded in 2002 as The Paciello Group by accessibility pioneer Mike Paciello. It was acquired by Vispero in 2017 and rebranded as TPGi in 2021.
Who are TPGi’s Competitors?
Some of its competitors in the same industry are Testlio, Digivante, test IO, 51Testing, ClicQA, ImpactQA, and Lionbridge Testing Services.